MAX LAINER is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. MAX LAINER may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
MAX LAINER is the data controller of your personal data and is responsible for the collection, use, disclosure, retention and protection of your personal information in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation.
MAX LAINER may transfer your personal information outside of the European Economic Area to our group companies and authorised third parties. Where we use third party service providers based outside of the European Economic Area, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe. Where we use third party service providers based in the US, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between Europe and the US.
We collect, process and retain personal information from you and any devices you may use when you navigate to a MAXLAINER.COM web or mobile view, by transacting, by registering an account and otherwise interacting with us.
The personal information we collect includes the following:
- Personal information including payment related information you give us when you register or purchase through the site or mobile app;
- Content that you generate when interacting with our customer services team including details we require to contact you and verify your identity;
- Content we generate via machine learning algorithms as they apply to personalising your experience by curating more specifically the items you have an interest in, as well as supporting general service optimisation including bid / markdown automation
- Other content that you generate through browsing activity including intended purchases, your marketing preferences, completion of surveys, wishlists, and participation in promotional activity; and
- Device identifiers such as IP addresses, cookie IDs, IDFAs and other device identifiers, as well as geo location information, IoT technologies and connection information such as statistics on your page views, traffic to and from the sites, referral URL, ad data, your browsing history, hashed email addresses, and your web log information.
If you give us personal data about someone else, you must do so only with their explicit and prior consent.
We may allow you to share information with social media sites, or use social media sites to create your account or to connect your account with the respective social media site. Those social media sites may give us automatic access to certain personal information retained by them about you (e.g., content viewed by you, content liked by you and information about the advertisements you have been shown or may have clicked on). Where this information is received by us, we will use this information to further personalise your experience with MAX LAINER.
Cookies are text files stored on your computer when you visit web pages.
To make full use of the online shopping and personalised features on MAXLAINER.COM your computer, tablet or mobile phone will need to accept cookies, as we can only provide you with certain personalised features of this website by using them.
If you would like a list of cookies we collect, please feel free to mail us as firstname.lastname@example.org and we will gladly send them to you.
USE OF INFORMATION GATHERED
We use the personal information we collect to: provide and improve our services, provide you with a personalised experience on our sites, contact you about your account, provide you customer service, provide you with personalised advertising and marketing, and detect, prevent, mitigate and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities.
We process personal data for purchases, payments, customer support and fulfillment to enable us to perform our contract with you; where your contact details and transactional information are processed.
We process personal data relating to your interaction (transactions, site visits, app usage) with MAX LAINER to enable us to personalise your experience with us. This processing constitutes profiling under the GDPR and we process your personal data in this way as it is in our legitimate interest to offer you a personalised experience on our sites and to provide you with personalised advertising and marketing.
We retain your personal information as long as it is necessary and relevant for our operations. In addition, we may retain personal information from closed accounts to comply with legal requirements, prevent fraud and resolve disputes. Where a legal requirement obliges the retention of personal data for a specific minimum period, we will retain data for at least that period. When we determine the maximum retention duration of any personal data we hold we do so with regard to our legitimate interests to retain data, our obligation under the GDPR to minimise data we hold with what we do hold as personal data being kept proportionate; the nature, and sensitivity of the personal data and the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data.
We use and retain your personal information to provide, improve and personalise our service to:
- Offer you site content that includes items and services that you may like and to keep track of your basket
- Customise, measure and improve our services
- Hold views between web and mobile sites, deep linking and device linking
- Provide other services requested by you as described when we collect the information
Where we have the right to do so, we shall use and retain your personal information to personalise communications, to contact you, either via email, telephone, social media, text messages or postal mail in order to inform you of account activity, delivery fulfilment and marketing related activity.
We use and retain your personal information to prevent, detect, mitigate and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities. This will involve the machine learning based statistical analysis which permits the identification of buying patterns which allow us to further personalise your experience.
We retain your personal information as long as it is necessary and relevant for our operations. In addition, we may retain personal information from closed accounts to comply with legal requirements, prevent fraud and resolve disputes. After it is no longer necessary for us to retain your personal information, we dispose of it securely according to our data retention and deletion policies.
YOUR RIGHTS TO PRIVACY
The General Data Protection Regulation provides for rights of access, modification and deletion of your personal information as listed below:
1. The right of access - your right to obtain confirmation as to whether or not personal data are being processed, and, where that is the case, access to the personal data along with details regarding the nature of processing.
2. The right of rectification - your right to obtain the rectification of inaccurate personal data.
3. The right of portability - your right to receive the personal data provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
4. The right to be forgotten - your right to erase your personal data.
5. The right to restrict processing - your right for your data to be effectively ‘frozen’; stored and not further processed.
MANAGING YOUR PREFERENCES
By accessing Manage Preferences on your account, you can control how we communicate with you. If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us, you can unsubscribe from the link in the email you received, or by changing your Marketing Preferences.
DISCLOSURE AND SECURITY
We may disclose your personal information to legal entities within the MAX LAINER of undertakings, and to authorised third parties. We do not disclose your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes.
We protect your information using measures that reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure and alteration. We minimise the amount of personal information we disclose to what is directly relevant and necessary to accomplish the specified purpose.
In doing so we may disclose your personal information to authorised third party service providers who help us to provide our services such as:
- Payment providers to facilitate purchases
- Fulfilment providers to facilitate order management, packaging and delivery
- Marketing and advertising providers in order to personalise your experience
We do not disclose your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes.
Where legally compelling grounds exist, we may also disclose your personal information to governmental and law enforcement agencies, and otherwise in the defence of legal claims.
We protect your information using measures that reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure and alteration. We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
CONTACTS AND QUESTIONS
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.